Here are the questions for the sermon on June 25, 2017 entitled “Andrew: Come and See (John 1.35-42).” Read the passage and then work through the questions one at a time, taking time to ponder and to let the Spirit work in you and your group.
- In John 1.37 two of John the Baptist’s followers began following Jesus? Why? What attracted them to Jesus?
- Jesus tells the two people following him to come and see where he was staying (John 1.39). Why do you think Jesus said this? What value would there have been in having these two men see where he stayed?
- After spending time with Jesus, the first thing that Andrew did was to find Simon Peter, his brother, so that he could share with him that the Messiah had been found (John 1.40-41). What do you think caused Andrew to be so excited to share with his brother?
- Spending time, just one afternoon!, with Jesus changed Andrew’s life and his brother’s life too! How are we spending time with Jesus? Is it changing our lives? Why or why not?
- Andrew immediately had to share with the person he loved the most that he had met Jesus. What is holding us back from sharing with people in our lives? How can we address these issues so that we will actually share the good news?
If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.